Re: PHOTO: Camera?

I also use a Sony Mavica and went for it for the same reasons, Bill Wells
did.  Not only can I view/download the pictures to MY computer - the  3
1/2" disc can be used with anyone elses.

 I like it so much that we opted to get the identical camera for our
daughter this month.  If you have access to more than one Sam's or  Wally
World be sure and check the prices at all of them.  They don't have the
same prices in different areas of a city.  The cheapest we found in the OKC
area was in a store we thought would be the highest because of it's
location - $205.

I don't have a problem with fuzzy closeups but wasn't too impressed with my
clump shots.  Seems I needed to use a higher resolution which cuts down the
number of pics I can store on 1 disc.  I haven't quite figured out what the
proper setting is for good distance shots.

I haven't found the need to purchase the Memory Stick yet but have been
told that when I do be sure and get the larger one.

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 5/6

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net
>Hi, Bo,

I doubt that you are referring to my photos (though they are beautiful
to my eyes!), and I know very little about digital cameras. However,
FWIW, I use a Sony Mavica.

The only real reason I went with it is the wonderful ease of
transferring pics to the computer. No wires, etc. Just pop a blank
diskette into the camera, snap the shot, pop the diskette out of the
camera, slap it into the A: drive and bingo, you're done. I love that part.

I have been told and I agree that it also has pretty accurate color.
Sometimes the blues and purples are a tad off, but for the most part,
what I see outside is what I see on my screen. That's cool.

On the downside, there are few manual controls, whic I don't like after
taking pics for years with a 35mm. I miss the manual focus, especially.
Lots of fuzzy, wasted pics when I do my close-ups of the blooms.

Hope this helps (and you have a happy birthday with a great camera!),
Bill Wells (southern Mo)

Bo wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I have noticed that many of you have GREAT digital photos online.  So,
what is a reasonable digital camera to purchase?  The nearest stores to me
are Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and RadioShack.  Someone is going to get me a digital
camera for my b-day, so I wondered what I should add to my wish list.
;-)