RE: PHOTO: Camera?

We have both a Sony Mavica FD91and a Fuji 3800.  Both of these are wonderful
cameras.  We have had the Sony for a couple of years and it is absolutely
wonderful.  If Sony had a camera with 3.2 mega pixels and the other features
of the FD91 I would have bought that instead of the Fuji.  The Sony has a
14X Optical zoom, that allows you to zoom in on an iris without getting in
its face; a "Steady Shot" feature that means you don't need to use a tripod
with that zoom.  It uses 3.5" disks for storage medium, but probably
wouldn't work well for the 3.2 megapixel size pictures.  They are easy to
carry and download.  This camera takes perfect pictures for using on the
web, but if you want to print them out you need more.  So, we bought the
Fuji.  The Fuji has a 6X zoom and uses memory chips the size of postage
stamps.  One of the benefits of the Fuji is that in a pinch you can buy 4AA
batteries and operate the camera.  It prefers the NiMH AA's but alkaline
will work in a pinch.  The Fuji takes really nice pictures and is small and
light.  It downloads via a cable running from the USB port on your computer
to the camera.  I have been looking for a second cable to take on the road
with me so I can have one on the road and one at home but haven't found one
yet.  Other than that I like the Fuji too.  I would recommend either one of
these cameras without reservation!

Dana Brown
Director TBIS
AIS, ASI, MIS, RIS, SPIS, TBIS