From: Sterling Okase
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 12:04 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] HYB: Using Good Plants

I have a question regarding hybridizing with good
plants that have flowers that are not as good. I have
a seedling that is a great plant (healthy, vigorous,
well porportioned, well branched, 11-15 well timed
buds) but flowers are not as good. Is it worth my time
to breed further with it? I would really like to keep
that bud count and branching. Also, it was from a SA
cross but does not have horns. Will horns show up in
the next generation if I crossed it with non horned
things? Thanks in advance.

message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRISGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer
download : http://explorer.msn.com