Re: Re: AIS: heights

In a message dated 5/23/03 7:36:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> I learned at our show that TBs also have flower size restrictions - they
> have to be bigger than my seedling's flowers were. <g>

Hi Linda,

I am not aware of any flower size restriction for TBs.  However, you said
this was a seedling.  The judges were correctly using garden judging principles
for judging the seedling, not flower show judging principles.  This includes
proportion of bloom to stalk.  Modern TB cultivars are expected to have larger
flowers than BB cultivars or older TBs in order to make a good show of color.
Since this is somewhat subjective, a different panel of judges might view your
seedling differently.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio