Re: Re: HYB: Using good plants

 wmoores@watervalley.net writes:
>To wit:  Starship Enterprise, Hello Darkness, Heaven, Santa, Feature
> Attraction, etc.

Walter sure knows the pretty flowers that are attached to poor
non growing plants.

Sterling,
I'd keep it and do some more crosses on it, branching is
the hardest thing to breed into and iris, and since you got it keep it.
You can line breed with it or use it towards your goals such as SA
or RE.
I still kick myself for throwing a white iris away that a judge said was
a good iris because of the branching, to me it was a good iris but was
only white and didn't have the flounces or even horns that I was
expecting.
Looking back, I could have changed the color or gotten the flounces with
just one more generation.
I doubt if you'd get horns in the next generation without using a SA.
Just maybe but most would be non sa.
Randy

.
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!