TB: STINGRAY (was HYB: Using Good Plants)

--- John Reeds <lamegardener@msn.com> wrote:

>>> .... Stingray is unlikely to produce any modern-looking
seedlings.  It is tall and well-branched. It is also a
reblooming fool: I only have one stalk on it now, the fewest for
any week in the past year or two. <<<

John - it sounds like STINGRAY is a continuous bloomer for you
or was I reading this incorrectly? If so, no wonder TBs are the
class of choice in "warm, winterless ...So. Cal.".

>>> It is probably the least modern-looking iris in my

And it was introduced in 1989 and is one of Byer's SAs.

Ellen (cold and rainy here - still have ONLY three crazy dwarfs
tht got mixed up after two days of sunshine last week...those
tons of buds will bloom - we know it :-)

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)
American Iris Society: www.irises.org