SPEC: Surprises From the Seedling Patch

Excuse the cross-post from the species group, but thought I'd share it here as
well:

The seeds received and coddled
from donors far away
Are blooming for the first time
Here's what I have to say.

I got a "sanguinea", with stems quite branched and all
"Pumila" plants both finger-size
And up to one foot tall!
My lovely "delavayi" I put in their own bed
Imagine my surprise when some decided to bloom red.

And maackii, oh maackii
A clump so bright and vigorous
And now I'm told you're really just
a form of old pseudacorus!

So now I wait, with baited breath
Next year the show'll be bigger
With many more surprises from
the seeds from NARGS and SIGNA.

Jim Gibbons
Comfy in Carolina, Zone 8a and sandy....