Re: Re: AIS: heights

--- Catherine Button <cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com> wrote:

>>> which prompts me to ask all of you, whats the tallest iris
you have ever grown, any class? (not what its registered at but
what you have had). <<<

SHAKER'S PRAYER (SIB) is always over the registered height. I
think the tallest I have grown it is 49". In 2002, it was only
43". It is registered at 33" but was blooming much taller in the
garden of the hybridizer, Carol Warner, during the 2001 AIS
convention. There is a pic of it during that convention on the
back cover of latest issue of 'The Siberian Iris' (spring 2003)
with Jean Morris posed next to it. Jean is petite and it is
quite a contrast.

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)
American Iris Society: www.irises.org