Re: Re: HYB: Using good plants

Juri, these were all bred in California or Oregon, two states that are not
cold where the irises were hybridized.  They are cloudy, though! :-)

HD quickly made a clump the first year, and in the spring every fan but one
bloomed.  The next year it rested and started increasing again.  The third
year, it bloomed-out totally and did not increase from the bloomstalks.  It
was dead, and I did not replace it.  The others died without blooming.  Two
were sent as 'bald rhizomes' (showing no increase) and died over the winter.
I received replacements on three of these, and again, they did not survive the
winter.

Others locally have reported similar experiences, but HD has settled down in a
garden or two around here.  It must be like BEST BET.  BB would bloom out, but
finally one person around here got it to settle down and shared his increase
with the rest of us.  My BB now performs like it should.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

On 5/28/2003, "Juri Pirogov" <juri@cross.com.ru> wrote:

>>     To wit:
>>     Starship Enterprise, Hello Darkness, Heaven, Santa, Feature
>> Attraction, etc.
>>
>> Walter Moores
>
>I still didn't tried Starship Enterprise but I had never any reproaches to
>Hello Darkness. There is no another performer in blacks here better than
>Hello Darkness. Never had bloomout on it! Feature Attraction is a bit slow
>but exclusively healty, hardy and vigorous.
>Probably those are cold country irises?
>
>Juri
>in Moscow, Russia

Walter Moores