Re: Bloom report: stragglers

This morning I had a stalk of 'Missouri' that opened it's one and only bud
that was left by the wind.  Not sure why it waited so long, but it is a
beautiful flower.  This is a low down bud, and likely would have been the
last one on the stalk (if the rest of the stalk was still there!).  I have
only one more Iris left to open flowers.  I need to look up the name, but
hopefully I'll be able to see it today or tomorrow.  For some weird reason
(it is right next to 'Missouri'), the wind didn't bother it at all.

I can still go up in the mountains and look at I. missouriensis though.
They should be going strong up in Colorado and up really high in NM by now.

central NM