Re: spring season 2003- Lloyd Zurbrigg

Lloyd Zurbrigg said:
>One numbered one proved to be an orange-pink. With so little competition it
looked great.
> Nice plant, good branching, good form and substance. No pollen, but set
> pods.  Up at Michael Lockatell's my best seedling was ss 120, which has
> kitcheb sink in its RE SA heritage. It is a white, - not pale blue-. with
> lovely blue beards. In this tough year of constant rains it has not rot ,
> almost no leaf spot, and no stems going over!!!  A CLARENCE sdlg from
> also gave us a thrill. It is a cool white with yellow centre and a flush
> really dabs of pale violet at the top of the flalls and the bottom of the
> falls. No pollen, at first, but makes some the second or third day.
>      Also a lovely laced apricot with upturned beards, very stylish. This
> from PINKNESS X GODSEND, but I could not grow it decently here in Durham.

Lloyd, your seedlings sound wonderful!  I know you are excited about each
one.  I would love to see ss 120, as it sounds especially beautiful.  It is
good to hear from you on this list.  You are the "Supreme Grand Master" of
remontant irises and without your dedicated work over the years, we would
not have the modern form and lovely colors in these irises.  THANK YOU!

Judy Hunt
Louisville, KY