Re: Re: AIS: heights

It sounds like many of you don't see BATIK growing  as a BB should.  In this
region (21), which is it's home (Allan Ensminger still lives in Lincoln,
Nebraska) it is in class almost all the times I've seen it.  I have it in my
garden, where it is very consistently at the proper height and has flowers to
match.  There are some others that are not that way, such as the same
hybridizer's JOHN'S JOY, a striking and impressive near-black which grows the
proper BB height, but always has blooms too large.  I love it anyway, and I'm
glad he introduced it.
Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250