HYB:guest plants for review

I am not sure if all regions request guest iris for their spring regional meetings or not. Region 13 does and we are able to view them in the gardens on our tours. The iris must be requested early enough to plant them and have them in the garden a full year prior to the year they will be on tour. Our area will be hosting the 2005 region 13 meeting and we will be planting the guest iris this summer. We will have entirely different conditions than the Portland area had this year and will probably have some of the same iris as guests for 2005. That will allow visitors to both regional garden tours to compare plant performance in mild wet climates and also in arid colder and hotter weather.
Last night I "toured" the Spoon's Winterberry Gardens as I watched Bobby Baxter's video of the 2003 convention tour. There were many seedlings in their garden as well as many historic iris. Since I love the new seedlings and am sort of a "historic" myself I loved the tour and will view it often in the future. Bobby announced the seedling number and name of the hybridizer as he filmed the iris. I observed the plants and form closely and as I did not have my color adjusted properly I did not pay as much attention to color. The iris I know and grow will help me to set the color so it appears more nearly the actual color of the flower.
Try to attend as many spring regional meetings as possible and you should be able to evaluate performance of new seedlings in the gardens you tour.

arid region 5 in central WA State.