iris rescue

I would love some iris if you don't find a home closer for them. I love the
old historics. Don't mind noids at all either. Been slowly gathering a
collection of "iris grandma grew" here. Just bought an 18 acre farm and will
have plenty of room.
Rescuing iris there too. Little nubs almost lost to the grass. My husband's
aunt lived there and said she used to have lots of iris. Was down to a yellow
when she died and a few I planted for her to give her garden color again. Been
lifting and replanting the ones that are in immediate danger of disappearing.
Leaving the ones that might be big enough to bloom to do their thing in hopes
of ID. Bloom is still a month away here yet. There are hundreds in what was
the front border. I've lifted lots but there are still a ton to go including 3
big 8 foot rings that I only raked the leaves off of so far. Matted in there
almost impossibly.

My husband thinks I've lost my mind because each clump of grass I pull I
dissect bit by bit looking for pinky finger nail sized bits of iris. Still
other things coming up in her garden yet so I'm being ever so careful. Her
lost irises may still be in there along with a host of other things. She said
she had well over 200 at one time. Lived until she was 92 so who knows what's
tucked in there.

Be trying to find homes for Aunt Iona's noids after bloom season here. Will be
lots. I can't wind up like my house here with flower beds so thick that my kid
complains about no place to play. Even if I put over half of Iona's iris up
for adoption that still leaves me with a silly amount of plants. Moving my own
garden is going to be mind boggling enough.

Sue in NH
Spring has arrived early!