Re: Re: HYB: haft marks on NOID Russet

Thanks for posting this Dave - after the earlier discussions re markings on
the underside of the falls I had checked a few iris and found none.  Then I
was trying to identify a Historic russet and picked of a spent flower to
get a better picture.  When I turned it over, it had almost as much haft
marking on the underneath of the falls (and standards) as it did on the
top.  Someone had asked for an image of haft markings.  I have posted this
to iris-photo.  I would also like any input on the possibility of who this
russet iris is.

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 6/7

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net
>I've wondered about patterns and coloring on the underside of the falls
too.  They are sometimes very distinctive from one cultivar to another, and
sometimes add to the beauty of the flower greatly, yet these details are
almost never mentioned.  Sometimes there are haft markings under the falls,
but they are usually not so developed as they are above.