Re: HYB: crosses with historics

What I've learned so far - two characteristics seem to dominate in F1s -
small flowers and busy hafts.  Smaller and busier than both parents.

I didn't make a lot of crosses with historics year before last, but for
those who are considering playing with them, thought you'd like to hear
my experience.

Form and substance seem to suffer less.  I haven't bloomed any crosses
using a really wide parent yet - haven't had any that grew well enough
here to suit me till this year.  CRAZY FOR YOU looks promising.

Colors can be nice.  I'll post a bee baby from HELEN COLLINGWOOD and
some others eventually.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8