Re: Kepple's black plicatas

Thank you, Pierre.  'Blackberry Tease' is the one I had in mind.  I knew I had
seen it recently--and it was in the Mid-America introductions.  'Silk Brocade'
does show good, strong contrast, as does 'Epicenter,' but both tend to get
caught by late frosts and abort bloom here.

I appreciate being reminded of 'Storm Track.'  Somehow my thinking folded
'Inside Track' and 'Storm Track' into one in my comments on the subject.  So
Keith has introduced four from this line of breeding.

I suspect a number of us will profit greatly from his efforts with this line.
Dark, rich plicatas that stem from Schreiner breeding and from 'Blue Staccato'
plus the sequence of dark, contrasty ones beginning with Ghio's 'Epicenter'
just do not seem to reach the depth of color Keppel's contributions express.

I'm tempted to put 'Orinoco Flow' pollen on 'Charleston,' as I find both quite
charming and good garden subjects.  I look at photos of 'Presby's Crown Jewel'
and think it might be another that would be good to add to the mix if one were
working toward dark blue plicatas.

Neil Mogensen        z 7 western NC