HYB: crosses with historics - busy vs plain

Hi all,

Rather than seeing old iris as having "busy" hafts,
I see newer iris as having "plain, empty" hafts!

Room for all!  But the pre-1940s iris and especially
pre-1930s will always be my favorites.

Finally got our copy of ROOTS today!

Gesine
zone 9
SHAH JEHAN opened today, mostly our bloom season
is done