RE: HYB: What is lace?

Thanks Fred.  So the little warts on the underside of the petals don't
have anything to do with it?

Now that it's (finally!) getting too hot to hybridize, I will go stare
at some more standards and falls.  Most of what I was looking at were
simply serrated, except for the style crests, some of which were quite
feathery.

<The difference between serration and lace is pretty simple. Serration
are two
                   diminutional (saw toothed) nearly always limited to
the standards and lace is
                   three diminutional and often found on both standards
and falls.
                   Fred Kerr    Rainbow Acres>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8