Hello, I live in Nashville, TN and have just moved to
a place where I can plant things. A couple of years
ago I was introduced to irises by a lady in
Greeneville, TN. What sticks in my mind most was an
iris she called "root beer" iris, because it smelled
exactly like root beer. (Sorry, I don't remember any
colors.) Well, I have searched high and low and cannot
find any information on this. I realize that "root
beer" is probably not its proper name, but I am
determined to find this iris. Does anyone have
firsthand knowledge of such a flower? Second hand?
Third hand? Heard something from a neighbor's
brother's cousin's aunt whose grandmother used to grow
them??? Anything would be helpful.

Thank you, GWM