Re: HYB: Teamwork/heights

So it ought to go well with tall dark and slender "dusky grape".

Although rainfall is a lot higher here than in Texas where Donald Eaves
is, my gravelly soil is so stressful when it doesn't rain, that nearly
everything blooms shorter than registered, even if not stunted by late

I'm still learning whether/how much those 'stunting when stressed' genes
are passed along.  Only one batch of seedlings from that kind of cross
has bloomed so far, and they are chin high - 50 inches at least.  Both
parents are usually doing well to get much taller than 30 inches in
spring bloom, but are registered at much taller heights.  So I'm keeping
my fingers crossed.

<Haven't paid much attention to the bud count on TEAMWORK, never super
                   here but never as bad as your 4 buds.  Not super tall
but your 30" would be
                   near the shortest I've seen, though probably always
28 - 35 or so.

                   John Reeds>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8