HYB: Pacific Mist

PACIFIC MIST (1979) is in full bloom & remains one of the most reliably
tall blues I grow.  It and CARIBBEAN DREAM (1990) are the only reliably
tall Schreiner blues I've grown.  CD is sometimes short, and doesn't
like the gravel in the open field.  PM has been struggling in the fescue
for decades, so I finally bought a new start last year, which is out in
the gravel and seems to be thriving.

Neither shows up in any online pedigrees from Schreiners.  I haven't
gone thru the more recent paper R&Is to see if they've introduced
anything from either of these this century.

Loleta Powell has a few from PM, including SEEKING, which Ellen G. sent
me last year.  No bloom this year, Ellen, but it looks very healthy -
just taking a while to get going after the shock of moving here from the
north pole.

Anybody have an idea why neither of these have been used more?  PM has
really nice form, branching & good substance for a 70s iris & CD is
nicely ruffled.  Both are a lot more healthy here than recent S blues
I've tried.

Are they like HARVEST OF MEMORIES, great irises, but produce mostly
really ugly kids?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8