Re: CULT: HYB: avoid overhead watering.... heat !

>Laurie did you get this weather too, since it came south from the U.S.

Nope, it missed us.  We're cold enough for snow right now, but it ain't
happenin'. We've had a very cool and dangerously dry spring so far.
Virtually no rain!  Welcome to the northern MN desert.  Because of the
cool temps and dry conditions, there's been almost no growth in the
garden, including the irises.  My tallest TBs are only a few inches out
of the ground, and the deer are still keeping much of the foliage trimmed
to ground level.  Their natural browse is just now starting to leaf out -
waaaaaaaay late.  If we'd just get some warm temps and rain, perhaps
things could start to catch up.  At this rate, I don't know if I'll get
much of any bloom this year.

Rain, snow, hail ... at this point we'd take any moisture the environment
could see fit to provide.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/