CULT: borers!

There are two clumps of TBs that have been looking a bit ill in a
different way from how most of my irises look sick, and with a LOT more
soft rot stench than usual.  What a thrill - my first real live iris
borers! :-(

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that this unusual and consistently
cold winter contributed to their survival & this won't be the beginning
of a major thinning of the irises here.   I tore into all the affected
fans of these two clumps & found a total of about 6 borers.

Some leaves looked like borers had started eating them, then somebody
poked a hole thru the leaf and snatched the borer.  I will try to get a

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8