Re: CULT. heat ! and DEER

Laurie, you mentioned deer -- I know they like hosta and daylilies, but I was
hoping irises  were not on their table of desires.  Is that universal,
I'm trying to help my granddaughter to get non-deer things for her garden.
She's n a new house as far as there  has been no landscaping done - no trees,
no shrubs -- the former owner (original) evidently worshipped grass --- all sun
- the deer have eaten the evergreens as high as they can reach --they are the
 background border,  She feels they avoid  things that are fragrant or have
an odor - anyone  have a comment on that?  She would like to have some
irises,of course!  Any help gratefullhy received!  Riosalie nr Baltimore ( and she is
too, so our climates are about the same type of horror!)  ryfigge@aol.com