Re: CULT: HYB: avoid overhead watering.... heat !

RYFigge@aol.com wrote:

>>> Sandra, you can't be serious!  Snow in MAY?  It seems
unbelievable, and I'm glad we don't share weather!  Do let us
know what it does to the iris!  It would certainly put the borer
and the coming cicadas in a tizzy!  <<<

Yep. We had snow last week and I think it was only in the NH
Mountains.  It was down in the 20s two days ago but no snow in
sight except on the peaks.

I think this snowfall was limited to the west...Colorado got hit
as well. Sandra said it is staying and the cold is staying. Her
iris growth is way ahead of mine. No TBs are taller than about
6-8 inches. No iris bloom on anything including MDBs. No buds
yet either. Heck, we are still in bulb season with wonderful
tulip bloom. We take what we can get and feel lucky to bloom
anything here. :-)

Ellen Gallagher, Editor
'The Siberian Iris'

Manager of Sibrob and BeardlessIrisPhotos on Yahoogroups

Society for Siberian Irises: http://www.socsib.org