Re: CULT -- oh deer oh deer

In a message dated 5/14/2004 4:11:21 AM Central Standard Time,
kathges@yahoo.com writes:

> He has PVC pipe/mesh constructions around many of
> his iris beds to discourage deer.

The deer have grazed my lower bed of daylilies, but they don't bother the
ones near the house.

A neighbor, wanting a closer look at the irises, told me that Sevin (?)
sprinkled on the plants will taste bad but not hurt the deer.  He states that after
an attempt or two they will quit sampling the treated plant.

I've not had much contact with the product.  Can anyone relate their

The iris world has another convert! The gentleman had never seen irises in
bloom before and he fell in love!  He enjoyed identifying the unique colors, one
at a time, as he stood at the edge of the bed.  Edith Wolford finished the
sale with one lone (but perfect) stalk, still living in the 17 inch pot that has
been her home since the fall of 1998.  Only place she will live for me.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: