hi long time lurker with a question

I learn so much on this list, but I need to confirm something.  They didn't
get very tall this year and don't seem to be producing very many blooms.  I am
making the assumption that they got shaded out by my shasta dasies, which I
need to thined again.  I have decided to move the iris and try and find
something that will compete more favorably with the daisies. I want to put in
a small iris only bed.  I am assuming that it will be ok to move them after
they are done doing the blooming they are going to do this spring.  Am I
correct in this, or is there a better time?
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I am not a complete idiot.  Some parts are missing.