HYB:Mariposa Skies

In a message dated 5/20/2004 11:25:26 PM Central Standard Time,
irisdude@msn.com writes:

> this year is MARIPOSA SKIES

Though I wouldn't classify it as 'stud of the year', I did have good luck
with pollen from MS.  Took on both BRIDGE IN TIME & STRICTLY BALLROOM.  Didn't
try it as a pod parent this year.  Good to know it is pod fertile.

Anyone crossed Noble Knight?  It took well on a couple of my seedlings.  Joe
Ghio sent it to me as a bonus in 2002.  He said it reblooms in California.
Nice neglecta with dark falls.

I probably made my last cross yesterday.  The temperatures are high AND I've
almost run out of bloom, here on May 21.  A bit early. I've a stalk coming on
DIAMOND LIL, and nothing to cross with it!  <grins>

It's hard to figure why but I've had a low percentage of takes this year.
Strange how the first three or four crosses of a given day may be a wipe out and
then a couple will take back to back!  (I try to mark what time I start and if
I make afternoon crosses I try to remember to note that it' pm.)

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: