Re: OT-Bio Bob & Sandra

John & Char,

Thanks for asking which fungicide to use Char.  John this one sounds like
the one for me.  This one work good for Roses too.Thanks.

Could anyone tell me how to raise Iris in zone 10.  And let me know were to
purchase the correct Iris for this zone.  Have a friend that wanted me to
find out.  Any help will be appreciated.

      I learned something neat from  a friend so thought I would share it
with gardening  friends.
      If you like Gerber Daisy's this is really neat info on starting them
from seed.

            I thought you guys would might find this useful: OK I have been
running a seed production experiment on my gerber daisys. I have a neighbor
whom I just met recently and she grows gerbers and I finally got the nerve
to approach her and get some tips on raising them. What she told me is, if I
want my gerbers to produce more viable seed I need to remove all the petals
of my flower after it's spent. let the center finish drying on the plant and
just before the fluff blows away cut it and separate the seeds from the
fluff. I did just that, except I did one leaving all the petals and one I
removed them. I did this two differant times over the last month. the first
time I got zero viable seeds on the one I left the petals on and 26 on the
one where I removed them. Second time which was today I have 3 viable on the
flower with petals and 31 on the flower head without petals. Maybe it's a
fluke but I'm going with it and since this neighbor is an expert growing
them I think I I'll definnately keep removing the petals once spent. She has
rows of really nice ones and she told me she has either bought them when
they are .25 and .50 at places like k-mart or walmart but mainly she
cultivates the seed and shares with family and friends. I'm hoping to become
her friend. LOL, Give it a try.

            Going to try it with my Gerber Daisy's this year when they go to
seed.  Hope this is alright to share this here.  Sandra