Re: Re: HIST: breeding historic type Iris

Figured I'd send this off-group.

The plants you sent didn't flower this year, but I'm anxiously waiting.  I
need to double check all of them, but believe all are still growing and
healthy.

Seems I owe you some Iris.  I think I was going to send some I.
missouriensis to try last year, but we never got it done.  I wanted to see
if sometime soon would be good to send them.  I think spring is the best
time to transplant them.  The little starts I have in my garden are done
flowering, but the ones in the mountains nearby should be in full flower
and growing strongly now.  Should be a good year, we've had more rain than
usual early in the year.

When I send them, I'll violate cleanliness protocols and leave them in
dirt.  They tend to occur in bricks of native soil, and transplant better
if you don't break the dirt off.  That means you could get some interesting
NM hitchhikers too.  If you want them clean, I can do that too; I'll just
have to try to treat them gently.

Dave