Exciting crosses - rot

Never again will I let rot run its course.  I lost about 75% of my iris a few
years back when I did that.  By the time I decided there was more going on
than bacterial rot, it was too late for most.  What pitiful remains there were I
dug up.  Then I treated all my growing area with terrachlor.  I replanted the
"plugs" in the same soil and then ordered quite a few new ones.  Any rot I
enountered after that I treated immediately with bacterial soap.  I didn't loose
one iris the next year.  This year is my first year for really good bloom.
Am still trying to identifiy the "plugs" that have grown into clumps.  The
crosses that I am most excited about are my PCI crosses.  Next in line is Round
Tuit crosses.  This is a Tom Burseen iris and I don't know why he didn't work
more with that iris and told him so more than once.  It is well named being
almost perfectly round in the falls.  Another really good and faithful TB TB iris
(Tom Burseen Tall Bearded) is Where There is Smoke.  I can't think of any way
to improve on it though unless to make it a little shorter so have never put
pollen on it.  My third bunch of crosses I am interested in are crosses to Gina
the Gypsy.  Two big fat pods on it.  I don't really keep up with the pollen
parent as I only hybridize to get iris that grow good in my garden and to heck
with the rest of the world.  I am not as nimble as I once was and want only
good growers and bloomers although I admit to coddling one here and there.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a