Re: TB: Schreiner blues

Barbara, my apologies for not looking at a map to find Tyler Texas
before I posted my reply.  Our climates are probably a lot more similar
than I realized.  While your average annual rainfall totals are probably
quite a bit less than ours, that probably doesn't much matter to the
irises, since we both get alternating droughts and tropical storm system
drownings.  If anything, I bet you get worse soakings than I do so close
to the coast. And it isn't all that much warmer where you are.

So the differences are probably due to soil type and microclimate.  My
gravel garden is in a location where effects of those late winter/early
spring freezes are amplified.

Contact me offlist if you are interested in a trade.

<My climate is very different than Tyler, Texas.  I think Barbara and
Linda  would have more in common with each other than I have with
either.  Tyler                   gets rainfall; I do not.  I get dry,
intense heat.  I suspect Barbara gets                    her share of
that heat, but with considerable more humidity.   Donald Eaves
Donald@eastland.net Texas Zone 7b, USA>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8