Re: Re: TB: Schreiner blues

Linda,

weather.com gives July/Aug average temps in Tyler as 72-94 F range and
average rainfall in those two months between 2 and 3 inches.  So for Tyler,
the two months with the highest temps are also the two months with the
lowest rainfall amounts.  I don't really think averages have as much meaning
in Zone 7 as they might have where weather at any given time probably isn't
given to the extreme swings of Zone 7.  Extremes skew the results, I think.
A better measure is often observing native plant growth.  There the
variation of Tyler, Texas compared to my location much further west in
Texas, is pronounced and visible.  Much more so than the variance of average
temperature and rainfall would suggest.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA