From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of Linda
Mann
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:34 PM
To: iris- talk
Subject: [iris] CAT: help - Ohio commercial source?

My sister in Yellow Springs Ohio (near Dayton/Cincinnati) has decided
she wants to put a few bearded iris in her raised perennial bed.  She
asked me to find out if there is a commercial source near where she
lives that could help her find a few of the most reliable cultivars.
She's not interested in beardless iris.

I have some extra DUSKY C, so will probably give her a few starts when
she is here next month.  I can also give her some starts of VANITY.

I think she would enjoy a few medians in the front of her planter, but
don't think she has ever seen them blooming, and I have no idea what to
advise her that are as popular & do as well as DC & V among the
medians.  What's at the top of the median popularity poll year after
year?

She has occasionally had some problems with late freeze damage to some
of the irises she's tried in the past (un-named ones from her local
nursery).

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8