Merit active ingredient

Laurie in her post gave the name of the Bayer product present in Merit.  I
can't quote it exactly, but it is on the order of "imidipropan" or something
close to that.

At Lowe's the other day I found a bag and some liquid formulations both
containing the chemical.  The granular product was named something like "Bayer
Advanced Lawn and Garden" something or other and contained two active
ingredients.  The limitations on my vision currently prevented my getting the
ingredient name right, but it is the same as in Merit.  I did not see the

I apologize for the vagueness of my response, but the reader should have no
difficulty recognizing the product from what I have said.  It is long

I used one year old Cygon 2E this year and ended up with a number of borers.
The formulation had gotten too cold last fall before storage and probably is
chemically damaged.  In the future I plan to use the Bayer product and also
could use some application rate information which, as I recall, is in Laurie
F's post.

Neil Mogensen  zone  7  western NC mountains