Re: Merit active ingredient

>The products I saw at Lowe's were different from the one you cite.  One had
>two different active ingredients, only one of which was the imidachloprid.
>The other, a liquid formulation, included only the imidachloprid, however.
>Both were Bayer products.

OK, Neil, you piqued my curiosity enough to get me out to the garage to
check the exact product I've been using.  It is named, "Bayer Advanced
Lawn Season-Long Grub Control" (a granular product) and has imidacloprid
as the only active ingredient.  It does have two other inert ingredients,
one being corn cob granules and the other being some sort of binding
agent to bind the imidacloprid to the granules.  I think I ordered my bag
through our local feed store last spring.

I believe there are other lawn products produced by companies other than
Bayer that contain Merit (imidacloprid), as well, but I can't remember
just offhand what they are.

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
normal annual precipitation 26-27"
slightly acid clay soil