Re: Merit active ingredient

In a message dated 5/26/04 11:31:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
laurief@paulbunyan.net writes:

> The Bayer rep was *very* reluctant to speak to me about Merit at all,
> since it is not labeled for use with irises.

Hi Laurie,

We had the same experience with a Bayer rep.  However, we have been using a
product by the name of Marathon that has the same active ingredient.  It is
also in granular form.  Unfortunately, we were away at the conventions this year
when we should have been using it and we are finding borers in many buds.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, Zone 5 or 6