Re: Merit

Hi All,

There is some information that seems to be missing here.

The Bayer product 'Advantage White Grub Control' is systemic and if applied
every  6 months you are not limited to the time you might be gone.  To start
the cycle you would want to put it on before you have three days in a row of
70 degree weather.  Then in about 5 1/2 months apply again.  (Depending on
your schedule)  Just don't go over the 6 months.

One of our club members used the liquid Merit and lost all of her seedlings.

I make a big effort to keep the bed clean.  Daily, I go through and pick up
all the downed leaved.  With the rain we have had here in Wisconsin that is
a big job.

Jack Worel has been running some tests on the product and has written an
article in Tall Talk.  Take a look at his findings.  I personally have had
good luck with the product.

I have just this year tried the Bayer product for rust.  With all the rain
there are considerable rust spots and I have been cutting out the leaves
with spot and have applied this product to the garden.  It is granular and I
am sorry I do not have the exact name.  It is applied twice, 14 days apart.
Look at your local Bayer supplier.

Char, New Berlin, WI