HYB:TB:Planting seedlings

Last evening, just before dark, I was able to put the last of my 2003
seedlings into the beds.  Including a few small stragglers remaining in the pots, my
germination rate came to just over 30%. For now, I'm thrilled that the
germination rate was so low!!  Last nights storm system settled them into their new
homes quite well.

Question and Answer: (I ask the questions and you guys give the answers!)

1)  (This one is a bit preliminary) Do you tend to cross several pods of the
same cross?
2)  If your cross produces over 50 seed, do you plant all of the seed?
3)  If a large number of seed sprout, in a give cross, do you plant all of
4)  Do you have a routine when planting seedlings? For instance, I pull out
the ones with bigger root systems and plant those first, with the smaller being
at the ends of the row/bed.
5)  If you breed rebloomers, do you think you can tell which are rebloomers
when they are seedlings?  Are you right?  <bg>

Anyone keeping records on this type of information?  Would be interesting to
know if weak seedlings stay weak, etc.

Anxious to hear from the hybridizers out there.

Glad to have the seedlings planted, but now the real work begins . . . dozens
of seedlings to move from my friend's house.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: