Re: CULT: freeze-stalk report

In a message dated 4/30/2007 9:44:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:

<<  The Zunk- I like that better than Noid-

I still use the traditional HIPS term of  art, "Unknown," myself, Christian.

 "A NOID" sounds like "annoyed" to me,  and it also sounds cute. I don't have
much of a cute gene,  as Kathy Guest once said of herself.  Except for
kittens and babies  and such.

I don't see any cold damage here so far, and the taller bearded stuff  is
just showing color. There is more bloom than I expected given I divided  later
than usual. It will be interesting to see if everything has all its  parts, and
no others.

I did not protect any irises this spring. I did toss some Reemay over them
last December when temperatures fell far, and fast. My  garden was a source of
much neighborhood mirth at that time. I had put  coats --as in people
garments--on all the gardenias. Worked real  well. Bundled them up with some twine,
put a paper bag over their heads,  and buttoned them into their coats.

My white cristatas are in bloom and the white tectorums are almost so. The
clumps of Iris pallida in Richmond which were blooming in January  are blooming
again.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA
Jamestown Expedition and Settlement Quadricentennial May,1607- May,  2007
"At one time...it was all Virginia."