Re: Displaying Flowers -additive to water??

 Forgot, sometimes I put a little sugar in the water last yr.  This year I
may try some molasses.  Someone suggested that when I receive new iris, soak
the roots in a little molasses before planting, so did that last year and
have some left over.  Ever thing grew, so don't know if helped or not. It
might work in water for display.  ????????  Getting daylight so better get
out and start cutting.____________

Any opinions?? I probable need the aspirin and sugar for myself  to get
through day.!! HA-----

Subject: [iris] Displaying Flowers -additive to water??

Hi everyone,

Today is County Fair entry day so:

Thought I'd ask what people add to their water to help flowers last longer.
I generally put an aspirin. I just never get around to buying any commercial
products.

But if anyone has compared products or would like to suggest something,
  I'm all for trying what ever may work.

Linda in CW AZ