Re: Help! Bloom Out

I'm not sure if this will actually help the bloomout issue but...
  Last week, shortly after our freezes I found a stalk just on the verge of peeping out of the fan.  As a point of comparison I found a pregnant fan on Jesse's Song, usually one of my earliest.  Just so I could really see the difference in height between the two stalks I peeled the leaves away from the emerging Jesse stalk.
  Today, I made it a point to see how tall that Jesse stalk had gotten.  It hadn't.  No growth of the stalk past the peeling.
  Perhaps if you peel the leaves away from your stalks it will stop the stalk forming, and maybe then at least the plant won't use up all it's resources making the blooms.
  Who knows?  I don't.

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I did a quick search through the archives but am
having trouble finding an answer.
I have a very-valued [to me] seedling that is going to
bloom for the first time soon. (It's a wide-cross
tectorum X bearded -- very difficult to make in the
first place) Trouble is, all three fans are putting up
stalks and there are no visible increases. I'm afraid
it's going to "bloom out". Is there any way I can save
this one?

I'm considering digging up the least-developed fan and
surgically removing the flower stalk, and replanting.
Maybe that would encourage it to form some increases

Welcoming any thoughts or suggestions!
Thanks, Tom

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.