Re: HYB: Made my first cross today! (from photos)

Way to go Billy!

That could be an <excellent> cross. It's one I've tried, with no success so far. :-( Maybe in your better location, it will work!

In the perfect combination, DOCTOR A could provide more robust growth and healthier foliage than CSONG has, also better substance. CSONG could provide bigger blooms and more ruffling, plus more erect stalks.

And they should <all> be pink of some sort. Some may have blue on the falls (from CSONG), but the ground color should be pink.\

And there is an outside chance of getting rebloom - not likely, but possible.

If possible, I'd attempt the same cross on more blooms - there is a lot of day to day variation on takes. At least there is here. Be sure pollen feels gritty and temperature is below 80.

As for impulse crosses - I doubt there's a dauber out there who doesn't do at least one impulse cross each year! Sometimes, those are the most fun.

I took pollen from Celebration Song and applied to Doctor Alan...Lord knows what I will get.  No rhyme or reason why those two, other than the fact they were side by side and both beards are tangerine in color.. Now to you professional daubers out there, I'm sure there are certain things your looking for in an iris....Me, it was just an impulse thing.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8