CULT: Bloom Out

Barbara Null
Tyler, TX

Good morning guys:  I had a lot of seedlings from GINA THE GYPSY bloom this
year.  Most of them had a bloom stem that branched almost at ground level into
3 or 5 stalks which were all loaded with buds.  It made me wonder if this is
what Don Spoon was referring to when he described some of his cultivars as
floribundas.  They made a great splash in the garden but don't know what the
future holds as when I was removing spent bloom stalks I accidentally pulled the
whole thinig up on one and instead of a "normal" rhizome, it had one shaped
rather like a beet with the fleshy part going straight down into the soil instead
of lying horizontally.  Some of the other seedlings that I deliberately pulled
up after blooming showed the same propensity.  Any thoughts or similar
experiences?