Re: Re: CULT: TB Argus Pheasant

Jeff, Do you think that my climate may be the reason mine shows just a trace of PBF or can I be certain that I am growing an unknown? I am sure when I received the rhizome last July that it did not have PBF. It was only after reading this that I went to check it and could just make out the PBF. Nobody with just a casual look would see it but if you look closely it is there, but just a trace. I am sure it will be gone by summer.  If it is not correct then the commercial grower is selling an incorrect iris. I believe they sent me what they are growing as AP. Lee Mincy

Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com> wrote:  Anner Whitehead wrote:
<<> And Jeff Walters would probably be able to
> He wrote a piece for
> ROOTS on the name. You might reread that. If he is
> around he will probably see
> your subject line and opine.>>

I have been growing ARGUS PHEASANT for the past 8 or 9
years, and I am as certain as I can be that its
identity is correct. I also have an interest in pbf on
my irises and have checked them all several times a
year over several years for its presence (some
cultivars will show pbf at certain times of year and
not at others).

My ARGUS PHEASANT has never shown any trace of pbf at
any time I have examined it.

Therefore, based on my observations, lack of pbf on
your AP would be consistent with it being true to

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)