Re: CULT: TB Argus Pheasant

In a message dated 5/14/2007 8:35:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jeffwiris@yahoo.com writes:

<<Incidentally, for me at least, AP proved to be a particularly  weak grower
with scant increase and undependable bloom, although it has one of  the most
attractively toned blooms of any of the brown irises I have  grown.

So, do we know any other bearded irises with PBF which are notably weak
growers with scant increase and undependable bloom? Other than I.  variegata the
species in some climates? I thought we had arrived at a  working hypothesis
that presence of PBF was indicative of a strong,  and generally hardy, iris.
Could it be that only robust plants of  a PBF cultivar express the PBF? Just
thinking aloud here.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA
Jamestown Expedition and Settlement Quadricentennial May, 1607-  May,  2007
"At one time...it was all Virginia."