Re: HYB: post freeze 6 weeks

Looc (is this your nickname? or how Loic is pronounced?) - that is a kind and generous offer. A chance for those who've never tried to hybridize to see how much fun it is!

It looks like there are about 4 pods forming out there from 3 different combinations, out of several hundred attempts. About like the success rate I used to have in a 'normal' year here.

I will have those to play with, plus I am still not caught up with finding places for <last> year's seedlings, plus over half of <this> year's seedlings have no place to go, plus there will be a lot of second year germination.

There will be a lot of room out there once I finish clearing out the dead stuff and reject seedlings. I look at this year as a chance to get caught up, or at least closer to caught up. So will probably not take you up on your generous offer.

Tho I might change my mind when I see the list of what you have. <g>

Only crosses I had really hoped to make that I couldn't do this year were IMMORTALITY X three of Schreiner's new intros last year. rats...

PURPLE SERENADE is open now - lots of pollen, <three> bloomstalks, but nothing to put it on. It's really pretty - fades to have a light rim around the falls, umbrata look. A bit stressed from having been outdoors in a pot thru all the bad freezes, without being watered regularly, but still lovely - a real trooper.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8