Re: HYB: post freeze 6 weeks

Linda,

  My historic Zunk row is not reading your rule book.  I've got bee pods on two different plants.

  The funny thing is that I swear the pods are on the exact blooms I took pictures of.

  Another funny thing is that the fertility thing is not an issue for me this year- because I'm not making any crosses.  The reason I'm not making any crosses is because this is my sabbath year for the iris beds.

  I've got stunted stalks though- and easily half my cvs are taking the year off.

  Is anyone else seeing hanging buds?   I've had two seedlings which taunted me with full color buds for four days before opening.  Good substance on those two seedlings for what it's worth.

  christian

Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:
  FYI - based on past experience with bad late freezes here, it takes
about 6 weeks for things to start being fertile.

So if you were hit hard by the freeze and nothing that's managed to
bloom so far has been fertile, you might start having some success now.

Down to the very last few blooms here - too hot and dry to have any luck
here.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris Society