HYB: pollination during rainy weather....

  I am wondering this as I am faced with a lot of rain in my region this year and little to no end of rain in the near forecasts.
  Is there any suggestions as to how, or if it is possible to keep buds dry that are developing on stalks during rain?
  I know that if pollen gets wet it is ruined.
  I was just curious if anyone has experimented with keeping buds dry on outdoor plants so one can attempt pollination(s) when the weather is rainy.
  thanks for any insight.
  steve m. zone 4b northeast MN

Got a little couch potato?